Saturday, 22 October 2011
Paleo Pumpkin Coconut Fudge Squares
These make a delicious treat or snack - they taste pretty much like pumpkin pie and require no baking.
1 can pumpkin puree
400g (2 x 200g packs) coconut butter
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1. Place dates in a bowl of water in the microwave for a couple minutes to soften
2. Whizz up the dates in a food processor (or finely chop) until they form a lovely goopy paste
3. Melt coconut butter by placing in a bowl of hot water (also in the microwave if you want it melted quickly)
3. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until they come together in a soft fudgey ball
4. Spread out onto a wax paper lined baking tray to the desired thickness (I made mine about half an inch thick). Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and place in the fridge to cool and harden
5. Cut into desired pieces and enjoy as a treat!